Sunday, July 1, 2012

Apparently, I didn't miss much

Moving really is an ordeal.  You spend weeks packing your worldly goods in boxes.  Then the big day arrives and three seriously strong young men stuff everything into a truck and proceed to unload it into the new space.  In spite of your best organizing efforts, key stuff goes "missing."  Eventually you find everything but for several days, you do without critical parts of your life.

But I now have a kitchen.  The shower works.  I can now walk through several rooms without encountering stacks of boxes.  I am still without an internet connection but thanks to a wonderful neighbor who has failed to lock down his LAN, I have finally gotten my email and this morning, the web works.

But honestly, outside of the Supreme Court's decision on Obamacare, not much has happened since I have been away from the Internet.  The weather is unbelievably hot but no one seems to be talking about climate change any longer.  The Euro is still a disaster area.  ETC!

I need some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment